At Luna and Sun we want you to love your clothes and wear them for as long as you can. Sustainable fashion is an investment and taking proper care of your items will ensure they last longer.
Here are my tips to help you look after your beautiful Luna and Sun items:
(1) Follow your care instructions- This is so important as different fabrics will have different care instructions so please ensure you read and follow these instructions when it's time to wash your items.
(2) Wash less- I know this sounds a little gross but I only wash my clothes when I really need to. Excessive washing not only wastes water but it also isn't great for your clothes. Linen is naturally absorbent so you can go longer between washes than some other fabrics.
(3) Less Chemicals- Try to use eco-friendly laundry detergent that doesn't contain harsh chemicals. There are some great laundry detergents that are plant based and free from dyes, synthetic fragrances and sulphates. This is safer for your skin and safer for your clothes.
(4) Naturally Dry Clothes- Drying your clothes outside instead of in a dryer is more energy efficient and ensures your clothing isn't harmed in the drying process. So try not to use a dryer if you can as this will help your clothes last longer.
(5) Learn Basic Mending Skills- Basic mending skills such as learning to sew on a button or fix a hem are great tips to know to ensure your clothes are loved forever. We will be helping you with mending tips throughout the year but if there is anything we can do to help before that please let us know. Brisbane ladies I also know a few local alterations companies that can help you if you need it.
When your Luna and Sun clothing can no longer be worn, swapped or mended you can send it back to us and we will send these to Upparel for recycling. We want to ensure none of our items end up in landfill so we offer this service to you free of charge to help ensure we are a truely circular brand and sustainable fashion brand.